Friday, February 22, 2008

A birthday



Today was Rodney's first birthday.  I can't believe it was a year ago today that Tim and I woke up at 4:30am to go to Valley Hospital for my scheduled c-section.  What a year.  I truly  had no idea that parenting would be so much fun.  Rodney is reaching that age where every day he just gets more and more fun.  He interacts more..he loves more..he learns more.  He took his first step on Wednesday. Hasn't taken any more since.  He has learned how to stack things (ANYTHING) and BOY is he proud of himself when he does.  Kaity is also just getting to be more and more fun every day.  After she had sort of mastered the art of talking and communicating I thought that it would be the end of me starting every other sentence with "did you hear what she said".  BUt the truth is that the more she grows and learns I think I say it more often than I ever did.  Some examples of  what my dear friend Keri would call "quotable boo".  
   "That would be great, actually"-her response when Nonni asked her if she wanted to go swimming when she was in Nashville! 
   "Mom I thought I touched fire, but then I discovered that I had just shocked myself".  
Today we took them sledding.  she went down the hill once..laughed soo hard.  So then at the top of the hill daddy asks her if she wants to go again.  She says "hmmm..lets wait a litttle while, because it's fun, but it's a little not fun."  Then when it was time to stop sledding she looks at her daddy and says "daddy I am glad we have popsicles (?) but I am sad that it's time to stop sledding."  
It was an awesome day.  My son turned one, we woke up to 6 inches of soft fluffy snow on the ground which meant daddy didn't have to work.  Breakfast with the grandparents,  a couple of hours of sledding, a nap while the kids nap then dinner at 'Tieras Columbianas'  and we still haven't finished the evening off with the season finale of 'Monk'.  I mean seriously if someone has a better way of spending a day I would LOVE to hear it! but for me...I'm not asking for more. 

1 comment:

bookwormlgi said...

I like Timmy's new look -- he's a big boy now and can grow facial hair. :-)