Sunday, February 10, 2008

Airports

 A couple of weeks after my sister moved to Nashville she flew back in to surprise us.  Saturday morning my  husband and I put my daughter Kaity and my son Rodney in the car..but we didn't tell them where we were going.  Kaity asked a couple of times.."Where are we going" and we just responded..."you'll see when we get there."  So about half an hour later we arrive at Newark airport.  I walk Kaity inside and she sees  her Nonni.  Well she starts to giggle and says 'hahaha we came to Nashville" (she knew that's where Nonni had gone).  She says it a couple of times..we don't think much of it and climb back into the car to meet the rest of the family for breakfast.  Well this past Friday we were back at Newark airport with the kids to pick up a friend who was visiting for the weekend.  Kaitlyn had to go to the bathroom so I walked her into the airport.  We walk into the airport and she looks around and asks "Mommy are we in Nashville?" and I said "No honey this is just the airport"...she looks around one more time giving the whole place a good looking over , looks back up at me a little puzzled and says "really? Cause it looks like Nashville.".  
  I do know that she was paying SOME attention to me though because later that day as were breakfasting (hey it's the most important meal of the day...so I do it alot)  my dad asked her where our friend B.J. was from (Oklahoma City btw)  she looks at him and with utter confidence says "he's from the airport".    More later about my daughter's Nonni obsession. 

1 comment:

bookwormlgi said...

i love being her obsession -- since she's mine! :-)