Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008.......

Aesop:  "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office"

Some thoughts on what will go down as a historic day in our history.   

Elie Wiesel : "It may well be that our means are fairly limited and our possibilities restricted when it comes to applying pressure on our government.  But is this a reason to do nothing?  Despair is not an answer.  Neither is resignation.  Resignation only leads to indifference, which is not merely a sin but a punishment." 

 Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities.  For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.  (ESV)

Daniel 2:21  He changes times and seasons: he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding; 

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 

Franklin Roosevelt " An election cannot give a country a firm sense of direction if it  has two or more national parties which merely have different names but are as alike in their principles and aims as two peas in the same pod. " 

In his recent appearance at Rick Warren's Saddleback church Warren asked Obama:  "Now lets deal with abortion.  40 million abortions since Roe  v Wade.  You know, as a pastor I have to deal with this all the time.  All of the pain and all of the conflicts.  I know this is a very complex issue.  40 million abortions (that is 1 in 3 pregnancies; 1 in 17 end in partial birth abortions) At what point does a baby get human rights in your view?" 
Obama responded : "Well I think that whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know is above my pay grade."  

Psalm 139: 13-15  For you formed by inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.  My from was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.  

Psalm 63:9 But those who seek to destroy my life shall go down into the depths of the earth; 




" A government big enough to give you everything you want , is strong enough to take everything you have"  Gerald Ford


No comments: