Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Promises of Spring

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  2 Corinthians 5:17

That has always been one of my favorite verses of the Bible.  I mean so many times we are caught in the old things that have passed away.  Have you heard the Casting Crowns song "East to West"?  The lyrics are great.   "I know you've cast my sin as far as the East is from the West and I stand before You now as though I've never sinned. But today I feel like I'm just one mistake away from You leaving me this way.......I start the day, the war begins.  Endless reminding of my sin, and time and time again Your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm in......I know You've washed me white, turned my darkness into light. I need your peace to get me through, get me through this night I can't live by what I feel but by the truth  your word reveals.  I'm not holding on to You but You're holding on to me"   
 
It's a powerful song.  I was thinking of this verse, this song, this concept.  when I took this picture yesterday.  

  I can't help but wonder how often God's desire is to have us be like a beautiful spring creation with nothing but perfect spring buds and a promise of more growth to come and yet we insist on holding on as tightly as we can to those 'dead leaves' that we should have shed at the end of our winter.  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.  Romans 8:1.  

1 comment:

bookwormlgi said...

you're getting very deep