Thursday, March 13, 2008

Random thoughts and ramblings from this weekend

yes, I know it's Thursday as I get around to writing about my thoughts from the weekend.  It's been one of those kind of weeks.  However, the weekend was somewhat noteworthy.  You know in the way that things are noteworthy to a stay at home mom.... in north jersey....in march.   I guess what I am saying is that no one else has 'noted' my weekend, but I shall.   Friday night we went to Tierras Columbianas with dad.  ALWAYS worth mentioning!!  Then Saturday Timmy  has the bright idea of going to IKEA.  We have been talking about getting some new bookshelves and we thought now would be a good time to look.   Did I mention it was Saturday?  Oh and that it was raining?  Hmm...NOT the best circumstances under which to visit IKEA.   It was more than a little crowded! Oh and for some reason a LOT of people have a hard time raising children who OBEY!!!! and ALL of them were at IKEA on Saturday.   Too much complaining.  We had a good time playing with the kids anyway.  Well at one point Kaity was sitting in the midst of complete chaos around her putting something together that involved screwing little red pieces intricately into small holes.  Just sitting with it on her lap utterly patient.  Tim and I commented on how much she liked putting things together.  with daddy being a carpenter we are not unclear as to where she got this from, but it's still cute to see.  So Timmy said "Kaity would you like to got buy a model airplane that you could put  together with daddy?" to which Kaity responded (and I quote) " A model airplane daddy.  That's a great idea.".   I shall add a note to those wondering.  Walmart does not sell model airplanes.  At least the walmart on Route 23 doesn't.  However a airplane was found and plans were made for putting it together after church the next day.   Driving home that night the wind was horrific.  Trees were on the road..moving the car..etc.  Tim and I were commenting on the fact that we hoped that if the HUGE tree in our back yard and fallen down it would fall on the garage.  It needs to be torn down anyway and that would get some of the work done for us and maybe get some of it covered by home owners insurance! No such luck.  However not long after we got home one of the trees did fall down..AND  here is the result.  Surprisingly not much damage was done to the van.  It is scratched up quite a bit but nothing that requires fixing.  Which is good..because something else that I think it is worthwhile to note since it is something that I did not know.  In case you are wondering.  If a  tree from your driveway falls onto your car, it is NOT covered by your homeowners insurance.  If the tree had fallen on someone else's car it would have been covered but not my own car.  Also,  if it had fallen on my house OR one someone else's car then not only would they have paid to fix the damage they would have paid to have the tree removed, but since that was not the case, they also are not going to pay to have the tree removed.  My car's comprehensive insurance would cover it, IF I HAD comprehensive coverage on my van.  OH well I will drive around in a scratched car.  Could have been worse.  
   So after the tree removal had been taken car of the next order of business was the model airplane.  It is POSSIBLE that a model airplane put together with glue is NOT appropriate for a three year old.  hehehehe.  Oh well they had fun.  
   The only other ramblings (OK rants.) about the weekend is to comment on the weight loss ticker on the top of my blog.  NO it is has not stayed the same because of neglect.  I have not FORGOTTEN to change the number as the weight melts off my  body.  NO.  Instead, the fact is, that despite watching what I eat and working out at the Wyckoff YMCA five to six days a week until my lungs are burning and my muscles are on fire.  Not to mention a couple of personal training sessions with a VERY mean trainer named Ed.   I have lost NO weight in the last two months.  WHAT THE HECK?!  I know that there have been some positive improvements.  My jeans are fitting loser and there is definitely more definition in a lot of my muscle...but come on.  It's not like I am trying to lose those elusive last five pounds.  I am looking to drop another 25 lbs.  That is not ALL going to get to stay there by this mystical notion that we tell ourselves that muscle weighs more than fat. !! 
 Alright well the kids are awake and I have successfully worked through my feelings on my weekend! 

1 comment:

bookwormlgi said...

wow - you're long winded :-)